This has been my quest the past few days, and I must say that I’m quite happy with myself. I’ll put up some photos tomorrow.
Thanks to Pinterest and my husband I (we) have so far:
- Went through every room and eliminated 3 carfuls of donations of things that are just taking up space.
- Took pictures of cards,notes, and mementos that had sentimental value to me. This was a big one, I’ve hung onto a lot throughout the years and the boxes of papers were getting rather large. Now I can just flip through pics of things that make me feel good whenever I want.
- Used a mini cupcake pan to organize my jewelry into my dresser drawer, eliminating the need for one of my jewelry boxes (which of course I put in our donation tub).
- Hung up our measuring cups on the inside of our kitchen cabinets.
- Put cups in another cupcake tin and turned it into a pencil and supply organizer where I have all of my journaling supplies.
- Donated our ironing board and instead decided on using the smaller over-the-door ironing board I had from my time spent on campus for my summer grad school work.
- Bought an organizer for our medications.
- Donated so much out of our kitchen that more things can be stored in the cabinets and not on the counters.
- Donated a lot of clothes and shoes from my closet. I’m working on a capsule wardrobe next!